Lifestyles announcements are FREE, and can include an original photograph or good-quality scan. Submitted items will be published as soon as possible.
The Marietta Times is happy to publish news of weddings and engagements.
Tips for providing information:
• Include your name and a phone number where you may be reached during the day in case of a question about the spelling of a name or some other fact.
• Wedding announcements must include the date of the wedding. To keep published announcements as current as possible, information is accepted up to eight weeks after the ceremony.
• Black-and-white or color photographs may be used as long as they are of good quality.
The newspaper reproduction of black-and-white photos is usually better than of color ones.
• Information must be received by 5 p.m. Monday to appear in that Saturday’s edition.
• There is no charge for engagement or wedding announcements to appear in the paper.
• More information is available by calling The Times at 740-373-2121.
Information about couples celebrating their wedding anniversaries also may be printed in The Times.
• Writeups and photos will be accepted for any couple celebrating their 20th wedding anniversary and for every five years after that up to a couple’s 50th anniversary (20th, 25th, 30th, 35th, 40th, 45th, 50th) and for any year after a 50th anniversary.
• Anniversaries are printed in the Saturday edition. The information and photo must be received at The Times office by 5 p.m. Monday of the week it is to run.
• Announcements are edited for grammar and standard newspaper style.
• A name and telephone number of someone to be called in the event there are any questions should be included with the information.
• If you want to submit a photo electronically, it must fit the following criteria: Any photo submitted to us for publication must be a minimum of 200 dpi. The photo be sent to us as a JPEG file (with the extension .jpg or .jpeg) We cannot accept a Web quality low-resolution (72 dpi) photo. A headshot should be at least 2 inches wide and a group shot should be at least 6 inches wide (if it is horizontal) or 6 inches deep (if it is vertical).
The editor reserves the right to decide whether a photograph is suitable for reproduction.
For help with submitting information contact webmaster
If your news hasn't appeared in the newspaper please contact
@ (740) 373-2121
or via E-Mail.
The editor reserves the right to edit the content of all submissions
for publication including photos for quality and content.
Copyright © 2013 The Marietta Times. All Rights Reserved.